Saturday 28 March 2015

Bush Chair

One thing I miss when out in the wilds is somewhere to sit, especially when overnighting. I try and find a chunk of tree big enough to roll up to the fire and sit on but its not always possible. So I've been keeping my eyes open for a suitable DIY solution - this is what I have so far. It's a small piece of Nylon with rolls at either end with a length of cord through each end. Essentially a mini hammock. You need three poles about head height to bind together to give you a tripod - the top of your chair is suspended from the top, the lower edge tied off at a comfortable height (about knee height). So far I'm pretty happy with it - I will report back on its comfort and degree of success once I've properly field tested it.
Oh, and apologies for not having a photo of me sat in it - it's not easy to take a photograph of yourself relaxing in a chair :)


No comments:

Post a Comment